FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish
Old Nov 30, 06, 8:00 am
SchmeckFlyer

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
I am no Mucci (is it one of those things you just "know" about, and if you have to ask then don't bother, sort of thing?), but thought a non-London perspective might be interesting...

At AMS, I almost always take the train (five minute bus trip to the station), which is pretty fantastic as it stops right underneath terminal building and saves time and stress compared to driving. When I have lots of bags, I sometimes try to get a lift from family and/or friends, but even then the train is doable as Dutch stations are well developed (i.e. no endless corridors).

When going to London, I usually take the Piccadilly. The price of HEX seems too high, considering the time saved is negligable once one factors in connecting onwards from Paddington. But I will give it a try next month with the BAA points discount. If I am going west (to Bucks), I always get a lift.

At my most common destinations, SEA and JNB, I always get a lift, as public transport is generally a foreign concept to those cities and neither has any public links to the airport to speak of. On two occasions I did hire a towncar in Seattle.