FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20% off at Selfridges this weekend from BAEC
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:39 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
flyclub - thanks for the suggestion. Given that I was shopping in Manhattan just last month (when the exchange rate was around 1.89) I can safely say that - contrary to expectations - the prices were not that competitive, at least on the particular item I was looking for.

I'll be returning to the States at Easter anyway - apart from owning a house there outlet mall shopping is always worth going there for.

No, it'll either be Dubai Duty Free or London with the VAT refund and, hopefully, a further discount from the shop. Thanks anyway.
I am also a Breitling fan and found that haggling with the regular shops in Dubai led to much more reasonable prices than the duty free.

BKK can also be a very good place to buy a Breitling, if you are in the area. I would only consider this in the ritzier shopping places (e.g. Emporium). Central Chidlom have a good watch department and you can easy to pick up a discount of up to 25%at this time of year, via those coupon things they hand out woth every purchase.