FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Coach Vs. NW Coach
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:17 am
DanTravels
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I did SEA-AMS RT on NW 330 this January. This November, I finally got long-haul on KLM, AMS-EBB on a 767 (if I recall) and NBO-AMS on a 777. All of those were in coach, and all of them were among my best coach experiences in terms of IFE etc. The KL 777 was particularly impressive in the AVOD department, but it was a red-eye, so I watched a few minutes of a couple movies and slept.

Some members of the cabin crew on the KL 777 were particularly curt, and a colleague who works in The Hague said something about knowing she was "back in f---ing Dutch country" after one FA asked her to "please return to your seat so I can do my job" (instead of just going past her in the aisle, since there was nothing requiring her to be in her seat).

Every flight arrived early, but since all my NW and KL flights have tended to do that, I wasn't surprised...

Generally, I'll take either NW or KL for any flight >5 hours in economy, a lot sooner than I'd take any non-Skyteam US-based carrier, or even BA. The service level, comfort and IFE tend to be on about the same level as the east Asian carriers I've been on (NH, CI) which is pretty darn good.