FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - With the New Business Class, Why Would Anyone Pay to Fly in F
Old Oct 22, 2003, 9:40 am
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
With the New Business Class, Why Would Anyone Pay to Fly in F

In my opinion, LH is well behind the curve in first class with 2-2 seating in F on its 747s. Individual suites have been the standard for several years now. The A340s are better with 1-2-1, but it is still a seat and not a suite.

Looking at the pictures of the new business class seats, they look pretty darn similar to the existing F seats, except they are not horizontal, although apparently flat.

Let's face it, the ground service on LH is virtually non-existent, and the lounges are all equally bad (and Senators get into the supposed F lounge anyway), so there is no practical difference between F and C on the ground.

In the air, other than a little more room in F, I don't see huge differences between the classes (I can buy a very large jar of caviar for the difference in fares).

So why would someone pay the extra money to fly in F when the new business is in service?

Or to put it another way, what is LH planning to do to keep F attractive and competitive, which it presently is not?