FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Air Miles Expiration - Outrageous
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:12 pm
joshua-bwi

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Originally Posted by myersgroup
i had almost 20,000 miles on us air's program. i rarely fly that airline because i am a regular northwest frequent flyer (with lots of miles on that airline). so ok, i don't expect to be treated like royalty on us air, but they basically got rid of my miles because i had not flown in three years (barely).

two emails and one call to customer service got the response i already saw on their site: buy back the miles for 1 cent per mile plus a service fee. nonesense, that's all they are worth! i told them i would never fly us air again if that was their view, and they don't seem to care. how stupid. i was about to book a flight on us air til they gave me this bit of nonsense. any thoughts?

no wonder ya'll hate them!
You have stated that you are not a regular flyer of US. You spend your $$$ with NW. You earn your miles on NW. You havn't flown US in over 3 years. You are not a customer of US. Why do you expect them to do you any favors? Maybe you should have booked the flight on US that you claim you were about to book, fly it then ask for your miles back. Have you ever heard the phrase, "put up or shut up?"