Old Nov 20, 06, 8:45 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
HR Sacramento report - MERGED THREAD

Preface: FFNs. Need I say more.

Status with Hyatt: Diamond. Thought this would be useful in the future so FTs have an idea of perks provided relative to status.

Rate: Less than $110.

Transportation: We of course drove in. The Hotel does not have a shuttle that we are ever noted at the Hotel or SMF. Supper Shuttle makes the run frequently.

Parking: I had to park in the garage briefly. It was $1.75 for less than 30 minutes. On Sundays parking on the street is free. This also applies after 6 PM. Since the Capitol is right there plenty of parking is available unless a big event is going on. "L" is a one way street.

Check-in: I of course did the check-in online. The kiosk is to the right of the front desk. You can pick your amenity on the screen. I entered the WEBPDA bonus at the office. You can find the airline check-in computer near the bell stand to the right also.

Perks: As noted above. I have found if the kiosk cuts your cuts your keys you need to approach the front desk to make sure you have access for the Lounge on 10.

Lounge: This is the news highlight IMHO. Lounge is on 10 and accessed with your card key. I would say it would be comfortable to seat 22. You have a flat screen tv on the wall with chairs around a table. The best seats. You have a computer with internet access and a printer. Cafe style seating near the two presentation areas. The items served are better than average. The standards for breakfast continental plus boiled eggs and salmon. The evening has one hot item such as chicken wings, chicken in puff pastry or spring rolls. Bar is no host. A very nice spread for a US property. Here is the timing-
Daily Coffee Service Only starting 6 AM
M-F Continental Breakfast 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM
S-S 7 AM to 10:30 AM
Daily Afternoon Snacks 11:30 AM to 4 PM
Daily Evening Hors d'oeuvres & Cocktails 5 PM to 8 PM
Daily Dessert & Cordials 8 PM to 9 PM

Now that is a nice spread. The only kinda negative is that they lock the place down between 4PM and 5PM to setup for the evening. Bad since Coffee Service is expressed from 6 AM. You would think they could setup and still allow people access.

Room: We always get a room on 10. You enter onto carpet. The bathroom was to the right followed by beds. You have a small table with two chairs near the window. We had a perfect view of the Capitol. You follow this with a desk and tv setup. You have a large comfy chair followed by a closet.

Bathroom: Nothing exciting happening here. The rooms have been renovated so to speak. The bathroom was left untouched. So a single basin and tub with I think push out rod. You have a coffee maker with Starbucks packets. Standard Hyatt amenities.

Internet: I think this place is all wireless wifi. Did not have a need for service. I will check next "visit".

Gym: Someone please comment on this.

Spa: Also please.

Eating venues: We have dined extensively here. We have always enjoyed every meal. The Esquire Grill is excellent behind the Hotel.

Local markets: You might beable to find a small store on "J".

Local area: This Hotel is central as it can be to downtown. It is an easy walk to all historic sites. Sutter's Fort would be a serious walk.

Negatives: None. You would enjoy this Hotel.

Closing: Would and will "stay" here again. The highlight reason for this report is the much improved Lounge services.