View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 06, 12:34 am
TIMP

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Ok, if you are driving from Lonnie to HBA make a day of it and do the Skulduggery trail. Its designed for kids and apparently alot of fun.
Port Arthur is great. If you have 2 weeks I'd suggest taking it rather slow and just wandering. Check that the Cab factory will be open - I know they do close over the holidays. Do you have accomadation booked? or are you winging it?
Are you basing yourself in Hobart or somewhere else?
Richmond is a fun distraction, there is a maze there and a really nifty model village.....and I must admit the Barilla Bay/Cambridge Putt n Play is kind of fun.
If you are flying out from HBA there is the taste of Tassie from the 28th to the 3rd Jan along with the street festival etc etc. I actually love hobart during the week between christmas/new year and am bummed I couldnt get a flight back from my parents for it.
I'm still thinking about things to do - If you are doing the grand tour - Sheffield has some amazing murals, Dismal Swap past Smithton at Marrawah (far NW coast) has a great slide down to a a labyrinth type thing. The Tahune air walk is fun, and Hastings caves has a naturally heated pool. Tesselated pavement on the way to port Arthur is pretty. If your kids like bush walking etc there are some nice ones at Mt Fields (pay per car) and Cradle Mountain (of course).
If you have any more questions drop me a PM.