FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low fare tix no longer to be valid for Status Re-Qualification
Old Mar 8, 2003, 7:24 pm
Uli

Maybe you will have me for writing this, but I can understand LHs move. People complain they are too expensive compared with no frills operations, but still want miles and also the cheapest tickets should be rebookable like C tickets.

I think the ticket rules are clear on the time of buying and it is everyones choice to buy them or not, and I dont think LH has to care if you are not coming because you have a problem with a car or because a meeting took longer or whatever.

Of course, I also buy the cheap intra German fare from time to time. The 1000 miles dont bring me much close to status anyway, and I am still happy I can buy a 88 Euro ticket in the internet and use LHs SEN lounges. Theoretically I can use the lounges four times (as they can be used for arrivals as well). If you deduct the VAT and airport taxes from the ticket price than LH can hardly pay for the magazines I read in the lounges not to mention their champaign.

By the way, in the beginning of M&M there were lots of fares excluded from mileage earning. Also auction fares could not earn miles in the beginning. Still, LH allows upgrading on all fares, most other airlines still cannot believe that LH allows you to upgrade a 299 EURO webfare for a transatlantic flight to business with just 20.000 miles (for American members).