FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Facilitating the platform/motto from your candidate profile.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 8:14 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My motto for FlyerTalk was:

To be the World's Greatest Travel Community

How can we accomplish that?

Well, to start, I'd like to say that we are definitely on the right path - and we are a great place for travelers, both seasoned road warriors and freshly-minted passport holders can and have found a home for that.

But, we need to ensure that FlyerTalk remains relevant for all members. Change is important and over the past few years, for those of you who have been here for quite a while, have seen quite a bit of change. FlyerTalk is not a worse place with this change - it's a better place. My goal would be to continue on with that forward progress. Member input is huge factor for me. I believe that our members have excellent ideas sometimes (and sometimes, the ideas are a little strange - but doesn't always mean they are without merit) - the way that we can move forward is to develop these ideas and to make FlyerTalk a board that's relevant to all of our members.

As far as specific actions - one major thing that I would push for would be a thread in the TalkBoard forum asking for member feedback on everything that gets put to a vote in the TalkBoard forum. Too often, I hear the complaints about how things are voted for without member feedback - well, if we're your elected represenatives, then I really believe that we should be soliciting your feedback. And this is something I plan to do.