View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 03, 6:17 pm
Rudi
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
being back from hot Australia to freezing Switzerland, having started to recover from ta lot of Champagne in the Singapor Airlines first-class lounge in Melbourne (courtesy of ozstamps , while myself flying the MEL-SIN only in eco ...), I started to read through many posts covering this issue, and I come to the conclusions that probably:
  • you can use UA SWU on LH flights (not sure if it must be UA flight number then, or if code-shares count too) on practically any fully paid fare (LH miles&more rules allow upgrading with vouchers or miles on all paid fares).
  • at check-in only = standby (but many times, more often than not, LH transatlantic business or first was not 100% full in the past 24 months)
  • not sure yet if this upgrade possibilty with UA SWU on LH flights also applies to non-transatlantic LH flights (like Europe - South Africa or Europe - Asia)
  • not sure (yet) if such a SWU upgrade will cover more than one segment (as it does on UA flights, as long as no stop-over). LH upgrade vouchers do only cover one flight-number (can be more than one segment).