FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 10 WORST pizza places in the USA
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:34 am
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The 10 WORST pizza places in the USA

Companion post to the 10 Best.

I will eat almost anything and usually won't complain. I like pizza and can eat chain product and like it, but recognize that the best pizzas come from small chains and independent shops. So does the worst. I've had 2 really bad pizza experiences and can't name the shops. I figure most of us can add one or two experiences. Please keep this away from individual preferences and more on the subject of inappropriate toppings, filthy surroundings and horrible execution.

1. Back in the mid 80's I ordered a pie from the only pizza shop in Simpsonville, SC where I lived at the time. The sausage used was pork breakfast sausage instead of Italian sausage. Inexcusable. Even though cold leftover pizza is my favorite breakfast, it didn't work in the morning either.

2. In the mid 90's I ordered 2 pies from a new pizzeria in Tracy CA where I lived at the time. They used premade crusts, the consistency of a thick saltine cracker, and indescribable spices. The pizzeria was attached to an Indian restaurant. Despite a house full of teenagers, we threw out more than half. No one ate more than a slice.