FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA took my cancer medication away
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2006, 7:36 am
DeadPool

As Jonesing, earlier in this thread, even said, this doesn't make any sense. Granted, TSA usually doesn't make the most sense, but they've flat-out stated that medication in pill form is okay and, so long as it's in prescription containers (which some people don't even bother doing and that doesn't cause problems), doesn't need to be declared at security checkpoints.

This is alarming to me. Not just because TSA would go so far as to deprive someone--especially a cancer patient--of their medication, but because I heavily depend on a number of medications (all pill form), and I'll be traveling to Canada this winter. The last thing I want is for those medications to be taken away from me, either by TSA or perhaps customs. Although I doubt the latter (especially Canadian customs) would do that, it's still a concern on my mind. I need these medications.

For those of us who require medication, traveling can be a very difficult event. TSA has made it even more difficult with their rules and regulations regarding medicine and so forth.

I agree with the previous poster, Doober, in what s/he said. Report this action to all the key groups Doober listed (and maybe even go to the media with this story as well), and see what happens. Maybe nothing will come of it, or maybe something will. The point is that you will have tried, and hopefully TSA--and those specific TSA agents who did the deed--will get slammed for behaving in this shameful manner.