FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Anaheim - South {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:42 am
jefrank

Programs: NWA, Spirit, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kings_29
I searched the forum, but saw no reviews on this property. I am staying there soon and would like any information on your stays there good or bad.
Happen to have just stayed at this property (and several others) on my vacation... that just ended.

Of the 3 Embassy Suites, 1 Doubletree Club and 1 Homewood we stayed at on the vacation, we enjoyed this one the most. Even without being upgraded it was the largest room - larger living area and bathroom than either of the two other ES units. Only downside for us was that our 2nd floor room was right behind the animatronic Lion and the door didn't seal tight against the weather-stripping, which meant the 3-yr-old was always opening the door to watch when it roared. Fortunately, said lion "sleeps" much of the time and is dormant after 9PM or so.

Pool's outdoor, so if the weather's icky it limits the non-park options, but we had sunny (if cool-ish) days all 5 we were there.

Anaheim Resort Transportation works well, but the buses can be too small at times and you'll end up waiting for a second one if you're part of the overflow crowd. And, if the park extends its hours due to the crowd, the buses don't seem to follow suit - we walked back one night after having been at Disneyland for 12 hours because they extended the park by an hour for a second Fantasmic show. If I had it to do again, I'd probably pay the $10/day to park at Disney instead of relying on the buses.

Hit me with a PM if you have other questions.

Jeff