FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick Point -- Being young and elite
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:51 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sarahjintexas
I look abput 10 years younger than I really am, (I'm 29) and I hate that way AA looks down on me as though I"m just some kid. Once when flying from DFW to HNL, I was first in line at the gate counter, waiting for the GA to see if I could get an upgrade. When she finally rocked up, she took one look at me, (and I was dressed nicely) and without even looking at my ticket, or looking at her computer, she tells me that there's no upgrades available. However, the 6 people in line behind me all managed to get an upgrade.... (they were all in their 50's) Talk about age discrimination!
Wow! I'm a 23 year old going on my second year of EXP. Before that, I was a PLT since 18. I cannot recall any experience even remotely close to yours on any of my AA flights. I sometimes get some comments from other pax in the FC lines directing me to coach boarding/check-in lines, but I've received any substandard treatment solely on the basis of my age. I certainly think your experience was more of a one-time occurrence.

-FlyerBeek