FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick Point -- Being young and elite
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2006, 5:10 pm
RChavez
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
You know, every time I come across these threads, it makes me worried I look like a middle aged man!

I'm 27, have been a mid-tier elite since I was 19, and I can count on one, maybe two hands, the number of times I've received any kind of different treatment for being young. Most of which were totally warranted (being carded in F while underage and being asked for ID when entering a club room where you had to be 21 to enter).

But I've never been asked for my BP just to verify I belonged in a premium cabin and I've never noticed any "strange looks" while waiting in the F checkin lines.

The only thing that comes to mind, and still happens quite regularly, is that I often do get pushed aside or cut in front of during EXP/PLT boarding by other fellow EXP/PLT members. Once or twice the person has even said something along the lines of "Excuse me, they just called preboarding/First/what have you" while they were doing it. I just roll my eyes and chuckle.

But in all seriousness (or none at all ), I'm beginning to think I need to buy some Rogaine, a bright red BMW convertible, and start chasing after romantic interests half my age...wait, that would be illegal!