FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not enough 772s? And stuff about CO99 EWR-HKG
Old Oct 12, 2006, 4:03 pm
rkkwan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I am looking at the schedules on the 772 routes once again at both IAH and EWR.

At EWR, there are currently 8 routes using the 772. First arrival is 4:35a from DEL, and last arrival is 5:30p from PEK. First departure is NRT at 11:10a, and last departure is the late TLV at 10:50p. No plane needs to overnight there and that'd account for 8 of the 18 planes.

At IAH, the four arrivals are at 1:40p, 1:55p, 4:20p and 4:30p; departures are at 10:50a, 3:45p, 6:40p and 6:45p. This means they have to have at least one plane overnight there. This account for 5 planes.

Add another plane that sits overnight at HKG.

So, the current schedule requires a total of 14 planes if everything's running smoothly with no backup. During the past peak summer, add another plane for EWR-FRA, or 15 total.

I know there should be at least one 772 at HKG going through heavy maintenance right now. But where are the other 3 aircrafts? More in HKG? Or at heavy maintenance at IAH/EWR or somewhere else? Charter? How many should be in "standby" at any time at IAH and EWR for backup?

Again, just curious. That's all.

---

About the charters, yes, I know that CO has some contracts. But domestic sports charter almost always use 738 (and 752 occassionally). Military charters I've seen their flights showing up at Germany, North Carolina, Guantanamo etc... But just how often do they run them?