FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:55 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
DH and I will be flying in first class on award tickets enroute to Australia in November. We have a 4 hour layover at DFW coming in from MCI on AA 740 and changing to AA 1688 to SFO, then on to Qantas to Oz. As we will have plenty of time, is one of the AAdmirals lounges nicer than the others? Do any of them have food other than pretzels? Maybe little sandwiches. It will be lunch time and I'd prefer not to have to but overpriced airport foood if there are munchies in the lounge.
Anyone know if we would use an AA lounge in SF or does Qantas have one? We have 2 1/2 hours there.

Susie
Like others I prefer the concourse D lounge - it's nice, new, quite big and has views of the international traffic and runways. If you're not near D, I also like the A lounge. No real food to speak of in the lounges, unless you like lots of snack mix.

Definately use the BA lounge in SFO.

When you depart Australia back for the states, there are some nice lounges in Sydney (Intl Terminal) - especially if you can get into the First Class Lounge in the International Terminal (assuming you are on the SYD-SFO route for your return). There is a business class lounge in SYD as well -- see which one you'll have access to.

SDF_Traveler