FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check-in by phone or web without Form of Identification in E-Ticket
Old Oct 8, 2006, 2:02 pm
larsll

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Check-in by phone or web without Form of Identification in E-Ticket

Hi,

Walked into a wierd problem today; flying frequently with LH I try to check-in as early as possible to get as low a boarding number as possible (as my theory is that it helps on upgrades...). Up until now my TA has issued e-tickets with my LH M&M number in the FOID (Form of Identification) field in the e-ticket. The M&M number is in the FQTV field as always.

The last few weeks the FOID field has been absent, and I have been unable to check-in online or by phone when the check-in is handled by LH. When the check-in is handled by SK I am able to check-in online.

It seems like the SK check-in procedure scans both FQTV and FOID fields for a match, whereas LH scans only FOID, and when absent it denies check-in other than at the counter. Anyone else experiencing this?

I guess it adds to the problem that the ticket is an SK ticket (117 stock) with all bookings made on the SK code shares, but all flights operated by LH. But as it used to work it is still a bit strange...