FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JQ allocated seating today
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2006, 9:47 pm
serfty
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You can now select seats on booking. If you want to snag an exit row on booking you will need to pay more for a JetFlex fare.

Originally Posted by pauly7
Hmm, I grabbed a cheapie trans-tasman flight with JQ several months ago and was able to select an exit row seat - however it flashed up a box saying I would be checked at the airport to make sure I was suitable or something like that.

I'd love to know if someone has got confirmation on whether you can select exit rows with Jetstar domestically.
I did a (dummy) JetSaver booking for a flight well into the future (i.e. looking for a flight with little or no existing preallocation).

Rows 1 (exit), 2, 3, 5, 12 (exit), 13 (exit) & 30 (last) were not available for preselection; all other rows/seats were. (Note that Row 30 only has 3 seats (30A/B/C) in the JQ A320.)

Then I did a JetFlex booking for the same flight and of the exit rows, all seats in rows 12 & 13 + seats 1A/B/C became available. Also rows 2 & 3 could now be selected. Seats 1D/E/F, all row 5 and row 30 (last) were the only ones still not offerred.

I guess row 5 and the last row (30) are being reserved for specific purposes.

One of the flight I checked was SYD-CNS, $149 JetSaver and $399 Jetflex (AVV-SYD was $79 and $199).

When selecting a seat in exit row 1 the following pop-up appeared:
... Securing your preference for an exit row seat will be subject to Jetstar and CASA safety requirements. Passengers must meet the following criteria:

- be 15 years or older
- be able to understand and converse in English
- appear mobile/agile
- willing and able to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency,
- not be carrying an infant or using an extended seat belt.

Passengers who do not meet the additional requirements on the briefing card must be relied upon to ask to be reseated. The inability to fulfil the criteria may not be readily observable by the cabin crew.
and for rows 12 & 13:
Securing your preference for an exit row seat will be subject to Jetstar and CASA safety requirements. Passengers must meet the following criteria:

- be 15 years or older
- be able to understand and converse in English
- appear sufficiently mobile/agile to reach, open and discard the exit door onto the wing
- willing and able to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency,
- not be carrying an infant or using an extended seat belt.
- positively acknowledge the Exit Row Briefing given by cabin crew.

Passengers who do not meet the additional requirements on the briefing card must be relied upon to ask to be reseated. The inability to fulfil the criteria may not be readily observable by the cabin crew.