FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My miles have been set to zero before my 3 year date?
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:32 pm
Phil

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
I thought I was home free. I had a Marriott stay on April 24, and a notice from Marriott that on April 27 221 miles were posted to my Global Pass account.

When I called today to make sure this was recorded, they told me my miles have expired. The Marriott points did not post yet, they said, and it was necessary for them to post by June 1. My last date of service was June 16, 2000. They did tell me to fax them "proof" of the Marriott miles being posted to Global Pass. Marriott is faxing me a portion of my statement that notes the posting on Apr. 27.

I do believe that Global Pass should follow these two principals, to which their ppolicies refer implicitly and explicitly.: (1) the date of the activity, not the date of posting, should be the operative criterion. As has been noted here, the customer has no way at all of controlling when Global Pass chooses to post the miles. (2)Global Pass should be responsible to hold to the published "36 months since last activity" rule for expiration of miles. In this case, I would have 2 more weeks for the Marriott points to post.