FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:49 pm
alexoster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Thumbs up Hotel Kamp Helsinki - The Luxury Colletion [Master Thread]

I have been staying in hotels a lot. Especially over the last 5 years, I must have stayed in a hotel at least once a week. From Hilton’s to Marriott’s, Holiday Inn’s & Four Seasons, I’ve seen it all.

I have switched around programs 2-3 times in the last few years. I started out being a strictly Marriott guy and then switched to Hilton and now I kind of fell in love with the Starwood family.

In my experience every hotel has its ups and downs; if the room is perfect then you didn’t like the look on the face of the guy at reception, or if you got a bathrobe and slippers the shower was dripping. No hotel (in my opinion) is perfect.

But exactly 12 hours ago I changed my mind forever…..

Hotel Kamp part of Starwood’s Luxury Collection chain is “heaven on earth”. I am simply lost for words (quickly call my wife, she is going to want to see this…). The rooms are magnificent, beautify furnished and miraculously comfortable. Every detail is so carefully in place from the umbrella to the shoe shiner, the mouthwash to the plastic duck in the bath tub.

Staff are trained to a level that you just don’t get anywhere else, so friendly, polite, helpful and professional. Concierge and bell boys are not just there for your tip, they all simply have one goal and that is to make you happy.

The food is delicious and of top class and quality, with waiters and waitresses just longing to please you.

I can go on & on but its getting late, all I can say is WOW, this is the "best hotel ever"!