FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The other shoe drops ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:03 pm
dhacker

The other shoe drops ...

milesrus was right. I was just browsing around the GP site and found mountains of new details and T&C's in the Customer Guide. While I couldn't locate any award charts, it hardly matters given the statement I did find:

Note: Only 50% of Bonus Miles can be used for SuperAwards.

Even with the terrible grammer, I think we all know what this actually means. It means that unless you have a substantial stash of non-bonus miles or are willing to trust GP enough transfer some in, you won't be able to use Southern Winds, Spirit, Tam, or Cayman Airways (or USAir, Copa, TWA, or Saeta). Your only options are TACA, Aces/Avianca, Aeropostal, and (if you are very fortunate) KLM. Of couse even these partners are presumably still subject to the 250k/year limit and mandatory fees. Add all this to the way they changed/reinterpreted the expiration rules to wipe millions of miles off the books and it becomes nearly immpossible to find any positives. Please help me out here because I'd like to believe there is still some redeeming value (no pun intended) left in the program.

It all makes me wonder if the AP would be interested in doing a follow-up story on how poorly LP/GP followed through with the promotion that put them on the FF map.