FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion replacement for Starwood Platinum status -- any rumors yet?
Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:50 pm
brosnan6

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mshaikun
Centurion best come with a positive enhancement or major price reduction if it wants to hold its US membership.Wonder how long it will wait before making an announcement on a replacement.
Something which I would view as a postive enhancement would be a bundle package for Centurion members with say 2 Centurions, 1-2 platinum and 5 golds(maybe more since they don't give much away with gold anyways) for the same price as now- 2500. (edit) I seem to recall reading once before that some countries' Centurion programs have a bundle like I described. A few weeks ago I got a Centurion Satisfaction survey and I did mention the bundle idea in there- let's hope somebody is reading those things!

Side note- I was told that even if the primary cardholder wants an additional centurion on the same account (eg a duplicate card with same number/exp date) they get charged for an additional member ($1500). I have 2 wallets (1 tri fold and 1 of those slim weekend credit card holders) and I don't like to switch cards all the time- all my other banks are more than willing to accomodate me. I understand it is "for my own protection" but I have never had a problem in the past and I would easily know if I lost one as I switch frequently.

Last edited by brosnan6; Oct 1, 2006 at 9:57 pm