FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was detained at the TSA checkpoint for about 25 minutes today
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:14 pm
crhptic

Originally Posted by bloggerchick
Free speech has a lot to do with people thinking they are more important than someone else. It's all connected. No one ever sees the big picture. Think about it. What response was expected when that baggie went through the security checkpoint? Most likely, the exact response that was recieved.
I must have missed the part in the first amendment about how free speech is only allowed when you don't expect a response.

It was another ploy to complain about something else in the United States and have it show up in the news. There you go, free speech, publicized free speech. Instead of complaining or pointing out flaws in the system, how about suggesting alternative ways to go about the airplane security.
Sort of like how Rosa Parks should have gently suggested to the bus driver that maybe black and white passengers should be able to sit together? Then we'd get a whole 'nother litany of complaints about how the poor, uneducated, hard working bus driver/TSA agent/whoever shouldn't have to listen to this. Makes a lot of sense.

Calling someone an idiot can be considered a threat nowadays. Look at our schools and streets. One teenager can call another teen an idiot and be killed shortly after. Same thing applies to terrorists except in some cases, the terrorists are even more immature than the teens.
Personally, I think that when we start allowing, or expecting, our government officials and police to act like uncivilized teenagers, we are truly pathetic.

Besides, if
Calling someone an idiot can be considered a threat nowadays
, then it seems possible that
suggesting alternative ways to go about the airplane security.
could be too. What do you suggest we do THEN?