FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Transfer Limit
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2000, 8:58 pm
Flying Dutchman
Original Member

After calling to confirm that there were no restrictions on mileage transfers to Marriott Rewards, I faxed a request on Tuesday 9/12 for 215,000 miles to be transferred.

LatinPass left a message on my answering machine today (Friday 9/15) to inform me that the transfer would not be permitted because "LatinPass regulations" prohibit transfers of more than 30,000 miles per month.

Thankfully, I recorded Tuesday's telephone call in case a reminder of our conversation is needed.

Since the LatinPass offices are closed over the weekend, I'm unable to sort this out yet, but I will assume in the meantime that the message on my answering machine was left in error. I have the utmost confidence in LatinPass's ability to follow through with its promises, and am sure that they would not change rules retroactively. LatinPass exists to encourage customer loyalty, and such an action would serve only to alienate their members. By honoring the transfer requests that were made prior to the rule change, LatinPass has a unique opportunity to demonstrate the commitment to honesty and service that makes it "the world's most experienced frequent traveler program."

I look forward to their fax, call, or e-mail confirming that the miles will indeed be transferred as promised.

[This message has been edited by Flying Dutchman (edited 09-15-2000).]