FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TWA 757's Gone Next Year
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:55 pm
SJCFlyerLG
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by JGR01
The return of the ex-TWA 757s to the leasee at the end of their leases in 2007 and 2008 (there are 19 of them) has been discussed a bit here on FT (search did not locate it but I am search-challenged) and in a speach by Arpey here .

The Slave Ships are going to be leased to Delta and converted for their additional trans-pond service.

The re-activation of stored aircraft however has never been mentioned in this same topic.

These planes are a really DRAIN on AA coordination (and $$). They are different configuration of exits (requiring a unique saftey breifing video) and the galley carts are totally different. The ovens I think are also different ...

These birds tend to flock thru DFW .. (not ORD) and I agree with SolCal that the frequency will be reduced. The RJ option does not make sense on the ex-TWA 757 routes (DFW-LAS or DFW-SEA for example).

Old news... with a 'funny' twist! While we are at it maybe the twist should be to think Foker returns from the desert or MD11s!
I tried search as well, but without fruition. I am hopeful that they might up some capacity at long last, which is likely, since the economy seems to be slowing. At least for the routes I have been flying, the load factor is pushing 100%. I am sure that they could use 767's on some of the popular leisure routes, plus reverting to them on transcons seems to make sense with today's loads. We can dream...