FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FD account blocked
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2004, 5:29 am
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">posted by Aviatrix:Contrary to what it still says on the web site, the PIN didn't take weeks to arrive - it didn't even take days to arrive. It arrived, by e-mail, within a couple of minutes. And the new PIN worked.</font>
I was amazed. After having my account totally inaccessible for months, I finally wrote emailed to complain. Helpdesk took three weeks to respond to my email, suggesting I should just request a new PIN. I said "no, thanks" since on previous occasions the PIN took forever to arrive (and sometimes still didn't work). Then I had a moment of weakness and tried the 'new PIN' option and it worked straight away.

So why didn't they just say that in the first place?

Side issue: on getting into my home page, I am able to see that I still have flights to GVA on my account, even though I have never been to Switzerland, and the 12,500 miles deducted in error in June have still not been refunded (despite customer service promises to the contrary). Beginning to think I was better off without my PIN...