FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Los Angeles (LAX): The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:55 am
rcs85551

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Well, you can ask DL to check your luggage all the way through, which I'd highly recommend. Have your CX ticket ready to show it to the agent.

It might take you some effort (i.e. asking for a supervisor and/or a more senior agent, many do not know how to enter the additional flights in the PBT - even if flying on two sets of DL tickets!), but this seems to be the only way to give you a *chance* to catch that CX flight.

Assuming the CX flight is full, they will probably enforce their check-in time limits - and if you happen to spend 30 minutes after your arrival until you have your bags in hand, you won't even be anywhere near Bradley yet...

If I were you, I would refrain from arriving that late into LAX as this is really asking for trouble. And there are certainly earlier flights out of ATL.