FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call Button Ring of the Year
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:20 pm
j3823x

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Call Button Ring of the Year

I have an entry for "Call Button Ring of the Year" award.

I was recently on a SFO-LAX in F on AA when shortly after pushback a window passenger not too far away from me rings the bell. FA comes over and the pax advises the FA that a bag has fallen and is sitting on the ground. The implication is that it somehow fell off the plane because we were late leaving supposedly due to ground crews not being done loading bags.

I'm not sure what the FA was supposed to do but just when he was done telling his story to the FA, someone on a baggage cart on the ground comes by and picks up the bag. False alarm (if we even want to call this an alarm) and problem solved.

Story over? Not quite, it gets better. A pax on the other side of the aisle asks the pax to describe the bag that was on the ground because she was obviously concerned it was her bag. If someone on the ground has it now its probably not getting back on the plane since we had pushed back. The reporting pax could only say a "generic bag". In all fairness it was dark outside. Then the reporting pax advises the bag fell off the nearby baggage cart NOT the plane. At this point everyone is looking at the reporting pax like ...?!?!!?!?

I guess since we were on the plane nearest to the dropped bag, it was going to be the responsibility of our FA to get it resolved. Anyway, I found it quite humorous and I am submitting this as my official "Call Button Ring of the Year" entry.