FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:37 pm
Jetstreamer

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
So last week I went MAN-ORD-LAS. My booking was in J and I called the DC Gold helpline to secure my seats before travel. The ORD-LAS sector is operated by Ted so Y+ only. Checkmytrip showed seats up until 24 hrs before I travelled.

However when I checked in at Man my seats for ORD-LAS were no longer showing. Luckily the bmi agent checked me into 4c in Y+.

On the return I tried to check in on line with United where upon I was offered Y+ for $39. I was tempted to pay until I saw only middle seats available. I was annoyed as I had already secured 6c through DC.

When I got to the airport I used self check in and was given Y+ FOC but only a middle seat.

I'm not sure if I will use bmi/ted again especially after buying a J ticket MAN-ORD. Getting the seat I wanted in Y+ was always a key attraction for me.

I will continue to use bmi to ORD and will try to make may LAS trips coincide with the direct flight schedule next time.
I think bmi have a problem in general with assigning seats on UA. My last trip I called the DC gold line to get a seat assignment for my UA leg (only Y- available). After the call I went to the BD website to view my booking and it showed me as occupying the seat. however on looking at the seat map on expert flyer the seat was still showing as available and alas when I checked in at MAN it was gone and I got another one. Therefore I don't think your seat was taken away due to the Y+ issue.

It is a good sign that you still managed to get Y+ on your ted legs though.