FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:09 pm
Dan Dare

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
So last week I went MAN-ORD-LAS. My booking was in J and I called the DC Gold helpline to secure my seats before travel. The ORD-LAS sector is operated by Ted so Y+ only. Checkmytrip showed seats up until 24 hrs before I travelled.

However when I checked in at Man my seats for ORD-LAS were no longer showing. Luckily the bmi agent checked me into 4c in Y+.

On the return I tried to check in on line with United where upon I was offered Y+ for $39. I was tempted to pay until I saw only middle seats available. I was annoyed as I had already secured 6c through DC.

When I got to the airport I used self check in and was given Y+ FOC but only a middle seat.

I'm not sure if I will use bmi/ted again especially after buying a J ticket MAN-ORD. Getting the seat I wanted in Y+ was always a key attraction for me.

I will continue to use bmi to ORD and will try to make may LAS trips coincide with the direct flight schedule next time.