FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United E+ access a thing of the past?
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:20 am
jim739

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by treadsoftly
I read on another thread that advice from a UA agent on a telephone was that 12th Sept was last day for *G and *S from other airlines to be able to reserve E+

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599682
I'll try and make a dummy booking tomorrow then to see how it goes.
A few people have mentioned that they are unable to get E+ seating without calling United but I always thought this essential anyway unless you do what MapleLeaf did and book online. Then if you don't select a seat it will automatically seat you in E+.
I'm still not sure whether this is a huge rumour started from someone forgetting to type information onto the web page in question, but I guess if UA agents are saying this is the case from tomorrow then we will find out then.

It will be interesting to see whether the "E+ sweep" will take out peoples seat assignments with future reservations.

As for myself, I only really fly United ORD-IND and rarely elsewhere. I have a trip coming up to SNA in January and without E+ I will probably just go with the best routing. I won't stop flying them in protest, but if the advantages of flying them decrease, I just won't go out of my way to book UA.