FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The JetBlue Plane Name Game
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:58 pm
jetBlueNYFL

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
If you don't catch the name when you fly the flight...try to look at the tail design (there are 7 total) AND more importantly the tail number (usually N _ _ _ JB)...for example, N536JB is Canyon Blue an A320 and N615JB is I <3 Blue an A320. I believe The E190's are lower numbers, like N183JB and N190JB.

Also, if you can't see the tail number...try and look at the front landing gear. Right on the blue flap to the sides of the wheels, there is the tail number as well - just excluding the letetrs (N and JB)...it would say, for example, 544. And that plane name is Blue Jean Baby.

Finally...if you don't get any of this info, when you enter the plane through the front boarding door, there is an FAA certificate right above that exit door, directly infront on 1ABC, adjacant to the front galley and in front of the forward bathroom. This is on the A320 - don't know anything about the E190, sorry. On that FAA certificate is the tail number in small bold type.

Sometimes the crew knows the name or they can look it up for you.

And, the last and most helpful resource is this website someone on a.net posted for me a few weeks ago. Wait a few weeks/months after the flight, and then go to the site and enter the airline, departure city, arrival city and date. All the flights that airline flew on the route will appear. Look for you flight number and the aircraft tail number will be right beside it!! Here's the link (I think I click on airborne time...it's the only place I find the tail numbers.)

http://www.bts.gov/programs/airline_...ledStatistics/

Once you have the tail number, just look it up on the webpage on angelfire (which is somewhat up to date)...the link was posted earlier in this thread.