FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The French Connection: A rational discussion on CDG
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:24 pm
Hog Heaven

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I, for one, will go out of my way to avoid this airport. Too many other options. As another FT'er said, what we are after here is 'drama free' . My experiences there are certainly not 'drama free'. What I mostly have no tolerance for is any airport where there is no semblance of a queue. I mean, if there is a queue, and it is long, you at least know how long it is and what you're dealing with. I have never been in another European airport where the security 'line' was a complete free-for-all complete with pushing/shoving and all the Darwinian elements. (only the strong survive). With a 72-year old husband, this simply doesn't work for me.

I'm not even going into the 7 hours on the ground/on the tarmac/never left the ground/wait 2 hours to get your luggage back/show back up at the airport the next morning and go through it all over again.

And how about trying to get to your gate when you encounter the situation where you have to go up the stairs and over to keep proceeding down the corridor. (again with a 72 year old husband).

No, we won't be doing this airport again.

Has nothing to do with french/speaking French/or anything of the sort. Just a poorly designed and incompetently run facility.

I would make all the same statements about JFK. An airport I avoided for about 15 years, then flew out of again last fall, thinking..... oh, surely it must be better. No, in wasn't better. and I will be avoiding this airport at all costs.

Too many choices. Don't have to do these things.