FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China
Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:56 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just had an award stay at the HK Renaissance and was charged HK$150 for service (about US$20). Maybe it is based on the reserved room type? (I guess it is a percentage of the full rack rate for the room type?) Just eat a lot at the executive lounge to get your $ worth

Also stayed at the Courtyard in Beijing. The location is great. Had a hard time finding the hotel though - you have to tell people it is behind the New World shopping mall. No one seemed to know the Courtyard by name - they took New World out from the official name.

Beijing is so large, apparently some people, including taxi drivers, don't usually leave their quadrant. The Courtyard is right "downtown". It is within walking distance (15 minutes) to Tien Tang as well as the Wang Fu Jing although taxi is really cheap if you don't like walking. It has an executive lounge which has decent food.

The only downside with the hotel seem to be the upgrade policy. I paid a low corporate rate and got a "one class upgrade" to a deluxe room. I believe the policy for plats is "best room excluding suites" which should have put me in a much newer room on the executive level.

Last edited by username; Sep 4, 2006 at 10:40 pm