FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guangzhou flight from Knoxville
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:32 am
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TNvols
Wow, I came to the right place for info on travel. I am still learning. I don't have any status anywhere with any airline yet. I only know that I have been to China 3 times and I now have 30,000 miles with delta. I will definately take all your info and put it to good use. I wish I was closer to a UA hub.

For those of you (atldave, anacapamalibu, travelinmanS) that have been to the Fair, below is some info I found on the official canton fair web site.

[B][[I]I]According to the Price Control Administration of Guangzhou Municipality, the government has adopted guiding price policy on hotel rates during the period of the 100th Canton Fair.

Guiding prices of the standard double room are as that of the 99th Canton Fair:
5 stars hotel (guest house): 1730RMB (service charge not included)
4 stars hotel (guest house): 1331RMB (service charge not included)
3 stars hotel (guest house): 790RMB (service charge not included)
2 stars hotel (guest house): 439RMB (service charge not included)

Even with this govermental price control they still advertise $345 per night for a standard twin room at the China hotel. Just thought I'd share this with ya.

So what brings you all to the fair? I just recently started an import company in Tennessee. We import and sell furniture to furniture stores. Aaron

Of course the rates are sent by the Government for these days...but guess what? 2 times a year, when it happens to be trade fair time about 50 hotels in Guangzhou suddenly become 6 star hotels. As you will notice there are no price guidelines for 6 star hotels.

Just as magically they return to 4 or 5 star status come November 1 and May 1. Funny how they pick that time period isn't it?