FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last CO flight for the year, (maybe)
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:30 pm
docr775

Last CO flight for the year, (maybe)

OK, so I take my flight to Paris on CO 10 on 8/23. For the first time in 3 years the flight leaves on time, and it actually lands early. As usual BF service is superb. I do not have to rush across CDG to make my connecting flight and my luggage, tagged with the shinny blue priority tag, actually arrives within the first 50 bags. Maybe there is hope.

When I check in on 8/27 for the flight home, the security line is non-existent. I walk over to the AF lounge, but it is crowded and it is next to the smoking section. I enjoy a good cigar about once a week, but I do not want my clothes to smell for the next 10 hours so I go to the AA lounge. It is quiet, snacks are decent, and there are 4 computers with internet connection available in the business center.

CO 11 leaves late again. Service on the flight is excellent again, especially when you have a familiar crew and the crew recognizes you. Heck it is only the third time this year that I fly this route. Back to the flight, I do not recall when this flight ever left or arrived on time. We arrive about 45 minutes late into Houston. Immigration is a breeze and then I wait 20 minutes to get my bag. It has the nice blue priority tag and it arrives with all the other priority bags, last.

Three days later I check to see if the flights have posted on my account and CO 10 is missing. I call the OnePass center to inquire why has the flight not posted. After about 10 minutes of being on hold while the ticket is researched I am told that CO 10 never posted since I never checked in for the flight. According to the computer I never went to Paris. I guess the flight was a figment of my imagination. So I had to scan my boarding pass, e-mail it to the OnePass center and wait for it to post. It posted today, however at only 50% EQM (it was a T fare upgraded with miles and cash). On the phone again to inquire why. I do not need the EQM since I already made PLAT for next year, but I am still curious.

“Sir, you only got 50% EQM because you did not book it at CO.com.”
“OK, then why did I get the 500 CO.com bonus posted on my account for this itinerary?”
“Oh, you are correct. I guess it was a posting mistake”

Anyway, I got my 80K EQM for the year and 48 segments. My segment breakdown is as follows:
8 international CO flights – 6 of those upgraded with miles
6 on AF – 1 segment scored an EUA because of being ST E+
34 segments on CO flights out of which I scored 3 EUAs.

If I need to fly CO for the rest of the year, I will use them to top off my FB account – I am thinking about going for that FB PLAT for life deal. Happy flying CO fans.