FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guangzhou flight from Knoxville
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:42 am
TNvols

Hey thanks for the reply's. I will have to learn what all those abbreviations mean before I can fully understand this website. Everyone uses them but they are greek to me. I just tried CZ's website for business class quotes but the site will be down for a few days it says. That's weird.

I only go to China about twice a year sometimes 3. I have 3 trips to China earned on my Delta skymiles and I actually only have about 30,000 miles earned. I just checked the balance. I have to fly NWA because they fly from Knoxville and connect in Detroit and then fly direct to CAN (Guangzhou). Should I pick a particular fare class to earn more miles or what?

I have heard about the Garden Hotel. I have heard that it is nice too. I hate the prices go up as much as they doo during the Canton Fair. I will only stay at a nice hotel though because I don't want my laptop stolen. China hotel is really expensive though. I will be there the 15th - 23rd of Oct. I did some research and the hotels are not allowed by the goverment to mark up there rooms that much but they do anyway. Do locals get a discount on rooms there? If I have someone call and speak in Chinese will they go lower on the room rate? Thanks in advance.

Whos watching some college football this wekend?