FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Marqués De Riscal - Elciego, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:43 pm
Sam P. Goodman

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by johnsmith
I've been trying to book a room (points) for next summer, but can't do it via the website. The plat line also couldn't do it. Not sure whats causing the issue
Shame on the plat line. I too had trouble booking an award stay for next summer and was told to try back in November. No thanks. Not wanting to wait, I contacted William and he asked me to try calling again because a memo had just gone out addressing this issue. I think it has to do with hotels selling revenue rooms, but not opening up award rooms in the computer system. The CS rep has to book it at rack and then fill out an extra form to make the award reservation. At least that's what happened in my case. Everything went fine when I made my second call--it just took the rep a little extra time to make the reservation since it was a new process.

Long story short, try calling again. They should be able to do this.

Now that I have my stay booked, I have to figure out the best way to get from Bilbao to Elciego and from Elciego to Madrid. I've done some basic searching without luck. Anyone have experience with this?