FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the phone # for the platinum desk?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:52 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
OK, everyone including the OP seems to have had their fun so now lets clear up a few things.

First, as I think most of us are aware, the OP is not Platinum and is looking to contact the Platinum line in order to see if he/she can match or do a challenge since the Platinum number was requested in that context in this thread.

Second, to the OP... Having the Platinum phone number will do you absolutely no good. The reason for this is because you are asked to enter your Marriott Rewards number when you call and if you are not Platinum then you are placed in the appropriate queue based on you actual status. I was amused by the ear bleed idea, but alas that is not a feature of their system.

It appears as though someone is looking for something for next to nothing since the offer of a Gold challenge was summarily dismissed by the OP as noted in this thread.

Now the OP has parlayed Hilton Diamond status into SPG Platinum (of course they comp everybody) and now wants Marriott to give him top tier status for staying at Hilton properties as few as 28 days. Diamond qualification requires 28 qualifying* stays or 60 qualifying* nights.

Marriott Platinum requires one to stay 75 nights at Marriott properties which is way in excess of the meager requirements of Hilton Diamond so it is no wonder MR would not match or challenge. Why should Marriott devalue Platinum status by allowing status matches or cheap challenges. Kudos to Marriott for NOT comping status.

The offer made to the OP for a Gold challenge by staying 12 nights in 3 months was more than generous IMO.

If the OP wishes to pursue this further I would suggest calling Marriott Rewards at 1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time).

Last edited by aaupgrade; Aug 26, 2006 at 6:08 am