Old Aug 23, 06, 2:52 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Each company will negotiate its own restrictions - employees on co biz, personal travel, contractors, etc, just as each hotel chain or - if it's a specific property - might negotiate a corp rate that's good for Mon,Thur, but not Tues/Wed due to its normal volume on those nights. That's all part of the negotiation mix by both sides.

Also, it's probably easier to track if it's a single property or a very specific (smaller) company near that property.

I have a friend who does the negotiating for a major corp & believe me, she is not going through reports of names given the volume of employees & properties those employees are staying at! That's probably easier to do w/ smaller co's. She's looking at totals across the properties & chains.

When I worked for the F50 & F500 co's, sometimes their rate was better. Sometimes I could beat it just by asking for best publicly available rate. One co told me to use the corp rate even if it was higher cuz they had to hit their volume; one said thanks for saving $$ (presumably for that dept head & he probably hoped the overall co hit its volume).

It's up to each individual to figure out their comfort level re: using codes they're not entitled to (presuming they can even find them). No one's going to hel*; no one's going to heaven Sometimes corp or association rates are good deals; sometimes they're not.

Cheers.