FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did I do the right thing?
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:46 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jabez
I think that's not exactly the way I see it.

To me "notice"= "easy view" and leaning "way over the counter" sounds like access to rooms were too easily accesible"
Imagine what that might have looked like to a thief . Just help yourself to some keys, possibly leaving the duplicate card in the envelope. Then later help yourself into some rooms.
Even worse, imagine the security a female traveler would feel ,if she thought someone could already be in the room when she arrives.
If there is a chance that a desk might not be manned,especially for any period of time, activated key cards should not be left a "lean over the counter" away.
Let me define what I mean by "easy" view. Your standing at the counter and you can look down, at all the names on a document that has classified information.

For all of us that travel regularly, we all know that many properties have pre-made (pre-assigned) packages with names, room number and any other information a guest may need and usually its on some sort of rack, especially for Diamond members. You might not be able to see names/room numbers, but you know there is a "place" where these items are stored.

the OP stated, "I leaned way over the counter and grabbed mine." To me...that not "easily accessible", but everyone processes information differently

The real issue is WHY THE HELL WASNT THE PROPERTY PROPERLY STAFFED??!! Thats what would piss me off and make me leary about staying the night.