FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embraer RJ145 Seat Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2006, 7:47 pm
superburger

Originally Posted by hangpilot
I fly on RJs out of MCI quite frequently. I no longer risk 12B - too many POS end up in 12C. Occasionally if i can snag 12A I'll do that, but the shorter armrests are a bit of a negative for a longer flight. I went through I phase of 1A, 2A, 3A, but yes, it's a lot colder up there, and also MUCH noisier because of proximity to both front doors. Also from 1A or 2A you've got to go backwards to at least row 3 to collect any belongings put in the overheads. I won't sit in 3B or C - leg room is too restricted by the bulkhead. Conclusion - now I'm happy with an A seat in about rows 5-7: not too cold, have overhead storage, not too far back (and lets not forget how noisy this plane is way back by the engines!), and they make for an easy exit upon arrival. Any A seat beats a POS spilling over into my space even in a exit row B seat!
I'm normally a US/*A flyer, but am in MSP at the moment so putting the miles in on CO.

Anyway, I'm flying MSP-EWR-MAN next month. On the advice of this thread I've taken 12A on MSP-EWR. Thanks for the hint!

On COs reservation website for the EWR-MAN (757-200 intl) row 17 is an exit row seat. However, when i look on seat guru row 16 is listed as the exit row.

Who is right? I will be mightily be pissed if I am right behind the exit row, watching what could have been!

As a no-staus flying on a bargain fair (I?) the chance of an op-up are precisley zero, i suspect.