FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best International First Class?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:45 pm
777Brian

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis First, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Gold
I would definitily try SQ on a Megatop 747 in F if possible. The service is fantastic and the seats are very comfortable. I have only flown SQ F by myself so I am not sure how it is when traveling with a partner but I think there where two rows with pairs that would work better than the configuration in UA F. Flying SQ will spoil you with great service - always called by name, they anticipate that you will want another drink or more bread and come offering before you have to ask, restrooms spotless during flight. When things go wrong i.e. delays, AVOD malfunction they pull out all the stops to make things right. The F seat is very comfortable, seems wider then UA F, and they offer turn down service with very nice bedding.

I have tried ANA and personally I didn't care to much for it - however I was on a 4 hour inter Asia flight so that may have something to do with it. Were I will give props to ANA is FANTASIC condition of their planes. I was on a 763 and it put UAs 767 fleet to shame. It was a newer aircraft with 777 style overhead bins, 5 abreast business class with fully electronic adjustable seats and touch less facets in the lavitory. Also had a camera in the belly of the plane. I didn't care much for the food, either the western or asian choices and the service was poor because of the language barrier, the FAs barely spoke any english.

Thai really seems to be on a push to modernize their product offering so when you get a newly done aircraft they are usually far and away better than UA - however if you don't look out. Service and Food was on par with UA. AVOD in the new aircraft is fantastic compared to even SQ.

Haven't flown CX but heard great things. These are just my two cents everyone seems to have a different thought. Service is usually the factor I use more than anything.