Originally Posted by tharris
My questions:
Answers For Tramps:

1. Are tailor shops open Sunday?
Yes
2. Do you make an appointment?
No, but if you are interested in Tramps I can give you the contact numbers, and you can let him know that you are coming in advance.
3. Any recommended hotels near Tramp's or Rajawongse? If they are closed Sunday, we would stay until Monday.
The Oriental is very nice, and is a 5 minute walk from Tramps. It is in Oriental Plaza, so any hotel in that vicinity should work (I don't know of any others, unfortunately).
4. Would fittings Thursday and fittings/pick up Friday be reasonable timeline?
Yes it should be. He can usually accomodate when there is a rush, and again, you might wish to contact him in advance to schedule this is you need to order a lot. On my recent trip, I only needed one suit, but I went first to be measured, choose fabrics, and discuss the design. I went back after about 24 hours for my first fitting, and the suit was ready 24 hours later.

I've noticed at Tramps that when I am there, many of the other customers that have come in are clearly regulars, and seem to be getting a lot made from him. He also seems to get a lot of orders from overseas for people whose patterns he has kept.

There are lots of nice beach resorts in Thailand, of course, but somewhere that I like near Bangkok is Hua Hin.

Have a great trip, and please let us know how you get on with the tailors.