FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Golden Circle--Shangri-la Hotels
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:30 am
747LWW

Originally Posted by meremale
Hello, I have to admit that I'm not a regular Shangri-La/Traders hotel guest, a simple Classic GCC member.

In malaysia, I normally stay at the Hilton KL or Westin KL, as I'm an SPG Platinum & HH Diamond. There's a brand new Traders KL Hotel opened recently which I would like to try out. I was wondering if Golden Circle Club would do a status match with the other hotels. So far, I've already clocked more than 60nights in Westin KL.
Hi mememale:

Well, being a "simple Classic" member is were we all start so welcome!

I happened to notice your post last week but was in the Far East and simply did not have an opportunity to respond. Sorry for the delay...arrived IAH (Houston, TX, USA) last night...sans luggage so not yet fully "home".

At any rate, I hope some of the other folks that post on this board may know the answer to your excellent question. My personal conclusion is that Golden Circle would welcome a frequent traveler like yourself and if they do not have a "match" program, I would recommend they create one (which would take too long to be of significant benefit to you) or make an accommendation in your case, ie, treat such matters on a case-by-case basis. Stated another way, such moves would seem to be to be in their commercial interest and hence why should they not assist you? Let us try to under their policy re this matter.

Please keep us advised in the event Golden Circle contacts you directly!

Happy travels

747LWW