FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5-12 Hour Coast Starlight Delays Finally Make the Press
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:31 pm
davedeboston

Could anyone tell me the busing schedule for the Coast Starlight route? Are they still busing from Santa Barbara to LA?

I would like to take this train leaving from SF to LA on Monday, August 21. I know all about the probable delays, however, would love to enjoy what I am told are some pretty amazing views. I have taken the San Joaquin along the same route before, albeit north and with the requisite bus connection to Emeryville.

My question is: is the extra time on the CS versus taking the SJ south from SF to LA going to be worth it?

I have no problem overnighting on trains having done it during my backpacking in Europe a great deal, but is a delay on the CS imminent?

I am from Boston myself but usually visit San Fran and LA once a year since I have buddies out there from school so I would love to take a nice day long train trip verus hopping on a plane again while there...just want to figure out the feasibility here.

Any info is greatly appreciated!