FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-LHR: Its like striking the lottery
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:13 pm
KenJohn

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Striking the lottery - part 2

Business travellers are definitely cutting back on trips at the moment.

The BA182 CW had about 8/10 empty seats (so no more back log of customers to accomodate) and I have never seen so many kids in CW before. 4 families with 4,3,2 & 2 kids.

More good fortune on this trip - all the kids slept through the flight so there was peace and quiet. I managed to sleep through-out the flight (which I normally do in any case). No circling around Heathrow - flew over the M4 and straight onto the runway. Landed at the a gate without the need for a bus and did not even have to wait for a gate.

Now for the best bit. All the CW passengers got up and moved forwards. FAs were motioning to passengers to go to the first set doors (behind the cockpit - in front of F). I was blocked by someone fiddling with their bag in the overhead locker so by the time I got up the aisle, I was only at the second set of doors. Then the bridge which was moving towards the first set of doors started moving to the second set of doors where I was stood. So I ended up being the first person off the plane in any case - YAY!

UK Immigration had a queue of 8 people in the UK passports line, 10 in the non-UK passport line and no one in FastTrack.

What a great flight.
Did have to wait a short while for the bags to appear on the carousel but I was not surprised given how fast I cleared immigration. Our 3 bags were separated and came out after various intervals but I suppose that was due to US security going through the bags.

Arrivals lounge (about 11:10am) had one other person sitting in it having breakfast. Most showers look fairly empty as well. Lounge staff looked really bored. Both earlier flights from JFK arrived within the hour after my flight. Suspect immigration might have been more crowded by then

Someone was looking down favourably ^