FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP TSA Goons
Thread: MSP TSA Goons
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:36 am
wentona777

Programs: DL Plat
MSP TSA Goons

Hello Everybody -- I am new to the NW board here. I am DL elite, but typically fly on NW... I am posting this from the MSP WorldClub as I wait for my flight.

Was waiting for my original flight this morning and these two men in casual business attire (striped shirts and ties) kept pacing around the gate area. As one gentleman had his BP swiped, they flashed some ID to the gate agent and followed him down the jetway. About 30 seconds later, they came back up holding a 2/3 full bottle of Diet Coke with Lime, told the gate agents that they had seen him tuck it under his jacket earlier this morning, deposited it in the trash, and left the gate area.

I had been waiting for the gate agents to print my bump voucher, so I asked what the heck had just happened -- they had no idea what was going on, and just said "I guess Big Brother really IS watching you."

Maybe I'm wrong, but unless this passenger was really identified as a potential threat, doesn't this seem like overkill -- following a passenger all the way to the gate and waiting around for him to board just so they could grab his soda?