FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reports on Zone R please !
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2006, 4:11 pm
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Apologies - where is Zone R? I'm concerned about my own T4 to T1 connection this Thursday am, 2:30 layover time. Arriving T4 and departing T1 in Club.
Aplogies again...disregard previous post. I'll repost later this week in hopes of deciding whether airside/bus connection is better than landside/HEX/Zone R.
------------------------------

Zone R
Not really a lounge, but a very nice benefit to remember for most of the situations where lounge access is also a consideration at LHR Terminal 1.

If you’re flying in Club or FIRST (or are oneworld Ruby or above) from LHR Terminal 1 you have access to ‘Zone R’. This is BA’s check-in area dedicated to premium passengers and it’s one of the most wonderful innovations BA has introduced for a long time! The special zone is quiet, well-staffed and most importantly of all has its own dedicated security line which deposits you airside in a Duty Free shop about 1 minute away from the excellent BA lounge complex. Although the security line can back up a bit for the early morning rush, it’s still a Godsend and far, far quicker and more pleasant as an environment than the main terminal. Sadly no such clever fast track was introduced when BA revamped the FIRST check-in area at LHR T4…but we all have high hopes and crossed fingers for a ‘Zone R Equivalent’ in T5! Do remember that Zone R is basically in a separate part of T1 to the other check-in desks – follow the signs carefully. For reference, the BA Arrivals Lounge is right next to Zone R too.